You can’t know when or if you find yourself in a dangerous situation, but there are certain things that you should know just in case. You never know when everything can go wrong, so you should always be prepared to fight for yourself.
It’s very hard to keep a cool head in such situations and not to let fear take over. And it’s understandable – it’s our instincts speaking. The only thing you can think of at that moment is to run as far as you can and don’t look back. However, it is one of those situations that reveals your true character.
Realize that it’s real 1:24
Find cover 3:52
Call the emergency services 4:51
Find a weapon 5:41
Stay human 7:18
Learn new skills 8:08
– When you go to any event, take a few minutes to look around and check where the exits are. This is a good habit to have because it may help you to escape not only the attack but a fire, earthquake, or any other situation where you just want to get out.
– If it sounds like a gunshot or an attack, it might be a gunshot or an attack. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
– If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to escape from the attack, don’t even think about it. Run! There is certainly no shame in running.
– If you cannot escape or run away, try to find some shelter. Hide and start barricading using any heavy objects nearby.
– If you’re in an open area, try to keep close to anything that can provide ballistic protection and be a serious barrier for the shooter to get you, for example, cement pillars, vending machines and anything else of that sort.
– Statistics say that it often takes about 10 minutes for somebody to dial the emergency services. If you were able to lock yourself in a room and barricade, or you’re in any other safe place far away from the attacker, call the police immediately.
– You can use absolutely anything as a weapon, for instance, scissors, an umbrella, an old broom, or even a cup of hot coffee!
– Fighting is the last option when you have nowhere to go and nothing to lose. Aim for the face and the eyes, and gouge them.
– If you see somebody, who looks disorientated and too scared to act, try to help if you can. Grab that person when they start running, calm them down, and encourage them to be more cooperative.
– It might be a good idea to prepare yourself for any danger beforehand and attend some defense courses. You will learn how to defend yourself, how to escape from danger, and how to use ordinary objects for protection.
Nothing is more important than life, so if you think that we missed something, please add it in the comments below.
Don’t forget to hit the like button and share this video with all of your friends and loved ones, so they’ll know how to protect themselves, too.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit: